Central Berkshire is in our second year embracing principles of learning called Universal Design for Learning. "UDL provides a blueprint for creating instructional goals, methods, materials, and assessments that work for everyone--not a single, one-size-fits-all solution but rather flexible approaches that can be customized and adjusted for individual needs."The CBRSD Strategic Plan outlines a means to achieve our vision and mission and is based on five core values:
● CBRSD is a Learning Environment for all
● CBRSD prioritizes students first in all decision making
● CBRSD promotes global awareness and local appreciation
● CBRSD prepares students for ongoing success as lifelong learners able to successfully pursue areas of passion
● CBRSD partners with all stakeholders on behalf of student learning
We believe that by prioritizing inclusive settings for all students and optimizing "...teaching and learning...based on scientific insights into how humans learn," we will achieve our goal of preparing all students to be future ready!
This year we have adopted Eureka Math in grades K-5. This adoption is consistent with Eureka Math Instruction 6-8 and will provide additional program alignment between the elementary and the middle schools.
Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning